Friday, October 1, 2010

Bob Dylan on Repeat

For the first time in a REALLY LONG time, I don't quite know what to do with myself tonight! I have been impossibly busy and sleep-deprived and inspired and in motion for quite a while--- and now I am just sitting and listening to Bob Dylan. on repeat-- he's the only mumbling rambler who will do at the current moment. (Sidenote-- one of the most depressing things I've ever seen in person was Bob Dylan shuffling out at the TDWaterhouse a few years ago and hearing him incomprehensibly whisper song lyrics. When it's time to retire, it's simply just time to retire. But thanks to LHarper for helping me realize a life goal of seeing him!)

I am in love with my class this year-- they are truly awesome. My kindergartners are so adorable-- I had forgotten the expression kids have on their face when they are still PSYCHED to come to school to see what there is to see. My first and second graders are the BEST-- I am so happy that I went for it and tried a new position at my school! I'm sure it's one of those things you learn in kindergarten, but the ideas that seem the riskiest always seem to be the most rewarding!

On a similar thread--
Included in my top five moments of all time would be climbing a huge hill at night to capture this image. For some reason, I had it in my head that I needed to travel to Hungary and see the Chain Bridge and Freedom statue in Budapest. So I got on a plane and checked into a hotel and learned 5 words in Hungarian, took a bus to the Buda side of the Danube River, and started climbing. I mention it now because it was on a total random whim I felt I was supposed to travel by myself to Hungary. (?!) And because I did, I was able to introduce an Italian violinist and a Hungarian cellist I met on the way, and today is their first wedding anniversary. Everything happens for a reason, I guess! I have incredible memories and they have a life-long marriage.
I am trying to make it a conscious effort, when time and money allow, to follow the strange ideas that blossom from inspirations to obsessions in my mind. Who knows what might happen if we all follow one randomly divine idea?

No comments: